Saturday, April 19, 2014

Glass half full

The forecast was't technically wrong today. It just was four hours delayed. We got to Waverly expecting 15 to 20 at 2 PM, and it was dead. Greg got out on his long board, later I found out he made out to Sail Sandpoint, and was ably to come back when the wind picked up. We waited, and waited, and waited some more. Then we left. On my way home I stopped at Alki and there it was, 20 mph out of the SSW, steady as a fan. It was late, I was on my way home, but I still went for a quick sesh. Sweet.
So yeah, it wasn't a long sesh, it wasn't what I expected, but it never is, and I scored a sesh when I thought I was coming home empty handed... Glass half full man...
In other news, I saw somebody upwind from me. He was going way out, and ripping back. West Seattle is not the most friendly place for storm riding, and it was getting late, but this dude knew what he was doing. I need to befriend this character!

Nailing that jibe, finally powering through the turn like it's supposed to be

Find Waldo. I've got to find out who the lone rider is!

No comments: